I like the idea that you want to make separate pages for alternate continuity characters. However, how would you tag character pages for Barnabas Collins (novel)and Victoria Winters (novel) since those tags link directly to their respective novels and not the characters themselves? Let me know and I'll draw up a bio for a Vickie Winters character (novel) page. --Brian 16:50, 17 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Haha, excellent point! Oops, I totally forgot about that problem. I guess I didn't think that all the way through. The tags for novel characters will have to be different. Curse Dan Ross for his unoriginal book titles! Do you have any suggestions? How about "(novel character)" or "(novel char)"? Or even "(novel version)". This also means we'll have to change some of the other tags too, to make them more consistent. Proudhug 17:12, 17 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- I guess (novel version) will be simple enough. I can easily go back and change all of the tags for Vickie on the Victoria Winters (novel) page.
- On a similar subject, do you feel that info from the Lara Parker novels should be considered as the same continuity as the Marilyn Ross novels? Parker really took some bold steps with her work, such as disclosing Vickie's parentage and the final fate of the Old House. I don't know if anything that Parker did contradicts the Ross material or not. --Brian 17:42, 17 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- I changed the names of some of the tags on the MoS. I've gone with "(Paperback Library)," "(Gold Key)" and "(MGM)" for the novels, comics and movies.
- As for the HarperCollins novels (I believe Lara Parker only wrote the first of the two), I haven't read them yet (or much of the Ross novels, actually), but I assume they take place within the continuity of the TV show (much like the Innovation comics), rather than that of the old novels. If this turns out to be untrue, they should be placed in either their own continuity tags or within the Paperback Library tags, whichever it may be.
- I've also made the same assumption with the Return to Collinwood radioplay, not having heard that either. The Markers list page outlines the eight different known continuities. Proudhug 18:02, 17 Nov 2005 (UTC)