The Collins Family History Book was a historical text published in the year 1974 (9, 11). The book documented the lives of the Collins family ancestors as they had been officially recorded, and thusly did not reveal true depictions of events in all cases. The book was kept in the drawing room of Collinwood in 1991 (6).
Victoria entrusted the history book to Peter Bradford, explaining that it was proof of her coming from another time (9). Peter showed the book to Countess Natalie du Prés, and the two attempted to use it as a guide to prevent the deaths happening around them (10, 11).
The book described several events of 1790 with some accuracy:
- Jeremiah Collins was said, in the book, to have married Josette du Prés. This was true (4).
- Jeremiah was said to have died of a gunshot wound. Although the book described the death as an accident and not as a part of a duel, this death was also correct (8, 11).
- According to the book, Josette fell to her death from Widows' Hill. Although she actually jumped, the date and place of her death were correct (10, 11).
- Sarah Collins was said to have died of a fever, which was correct (11, 12).
- Angelique Bouchard is not mentioned at all in the history of the family (10).
- Barnabas Collins was written to have moved to England, while in actuality he had been killed and returned as a vampire (10).
- Milllicent Collins, according to the book, died of a fever. She had actually been found dead in the woods, her body drained of blood from a vampire attack (10, 11).