|← 881 →|
October 22, 1969
|We have 42 images of Dark Shadows 881|
- On the great Collinwood estate, Garth Blackwood the demon master of Dartmoor prison relentlessly tracks down his victims. Whoever stands in the way of his deadly justice must die. On this stormy night, there are many that will learn to their horror that to the demon prison master the whole world is a jail and he alone holds the power of life and death over all its inhabitants.
Blackwood kills Aristede. Petofi makes plans to repossess Quentin's body and go to the future. Charles shoots Blackwood. Blackwood, weak, vows to execute Charles and Petofi, then escapes. Petofi enters a trance to take over Quentin's body. Pansy has a dream which foretells that Petofi will take over Quentin's body the moment Quentin falls asleep.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask / Pansy Faye
- Thayer David as Andreas Petofi
- Roger Davis as Charles Delaware Tate
- John Harkins as Garth Blackwood
- Michael Stroka as Aristede
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 876.
- Final appearance of character Aristede.
- DREAM SEQUENCE: Charity dreams that the moment Quentin falls asleep Count Petofi will take over his body.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Quentin: So tired / Mustn't sleep; Pansy: Someone's going to stop him.
- TIMELINE: It was yesterday when Garth Blackwood killed Evan, (occurred in 878). Quentin is leaving for New York on the early train tomorrow. Quentin hasn't slept for two nights.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Charles must pull the trigger of the gun five times before the blanks produce the sound of gunfire.
- The picture is out of focus during Charity's day dreaming.
- Garth Blackwood, after being tied up, is past the edge of the carpet on the concrete floor.