|← 869 →|
October 9, 1969
|We have 22 images of Dark Shadows 869|
- Collinwood in the year 1897. On this day Edward Collins has been summoned to a doctor's office to identify a man who wandered in from the woods, weak and fever ridden. The man has claimed to be Barnabas Collins, and had told Edward a tale of horror concerning his arrival in Collinsport. Full of fear and suspicion, Edward Collins and his brother Quentin, who's body is inhabited by the infamous Count Petofi, have now set out to prove whether or not this man is the Barnabas they both knew to be a vampire.
Edward and Quentin (Petofi) struggle to accept that they are apparently faced with two identical Barnabas bodies; one human, one vampire.
Charity continues to be possessed by the spirit of Pansy Faye and Trask tries to talk her into leaving Collinwood. She refuses and insists that she is there by his wife's invitation.
Barnabas is brought home to Collinwood, and is pronounced by Trask (predictably) to be the work of the Devil. Quentin (Petofi) tries to trick Barnabas into revealing himself.
Charity has installed Tate's portrait of Amanda Harris in the Drawing Room, to Edward's horror. Trask arouses Quentin's (Petofi) suspicion by accusing him of bringing the portrait to Collinwood.
Quentin (Petofi), understanding that some link must exist between the two Barnabas bodies, douses the casket with kerosene and sets it alight.
Trask dispays a cross to Barnabas, to no effect.
Quentin (Petofi) corners Charity in the Drawing Room, and orders her to set her psychic powers to work on the problem of the two Barnabases.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins / Andreas Petofi
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask / Pansy Faye
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- Jerry Lacy as Gregory Trask