Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 843 →|
September 9, 1969
|We have 20 images of Dark Shadows 843|
- There are many people who come to Collinwood to control the lives of others, but this night Charles Delaware Tate has learned that he can do far more than control other people. Incredibly, with nothing more than pencil and paper, he can create them. And as he gazes at the man to whom he gave existence, Charles Tate is filled with nameless terror.
The creation of Tate's cannot speak; Tate threatens to destroy the man and tears his picture but nothing happens.
Amanda confides to Tim Shaw that Tate created her and that she witnessed him create someone else as well. Tim goes to Tate's studio for confirmation, and sees the man. Tim is inclined to exploit Tate's ability, and takes the man away.
Charles Tate proposes marriage to Amanda. But, confused and upset, Amanda swears that she hates Charles for telling her what she really is, and refuses. Then she leaves him.
Beth says she wants to work for Petofi, who wants to send Beth through one of the I-Ching doors. She throws the hexagram. He arranges the hexagram, and Beth walks though the door. The hexagram thrown was po, or "falling," which demonstrates the finality of death. Beth sees only shadows, but tries to stab Petofi with an I-Ching wand after emerging from the trance.
Tim catches the man Tate drew and offers to protect him. He tries to speak but Tate threatens to kill him.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Don Briscoe as Tim Shaw
- Terry Crawford as Beth Chavez
- Thayer David as Andreas Petofi
- Donna McKechnie as Amanda Harris
- Roger Davis as Charles Delaware Tate
- Alexander Cort as Tate's creation (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- Beth throws the I-Ching wands to show the 23rd hexagram (Black, White, White, White, White, White) representing falling. She sees shadows which causes her to attack Count Petofi.
- TIMELINE: It was today when Tate's creation came to life, (this is also stated in the next episode).
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- If Amanda didn't appear in the same room with Tate when he originally painted her, why did this new creation appear in the same room?
- In the opening exterior shot of Collinwood, the word "shadows" can be seen across the bottom of the screen, as though traced by a finger in steamed piece of glass.