|← 827 →|
August 18, 1969
|We have 22 images of Dark Shadows 827|
- Collinwood is a place where many are struggling to save themselves from destruction. And on Widows' Hill, near the great estate, a frightened gypsy fights the ghost of Sandor, sent to destroy her.
Magda manages to banish Sandor's spirit, who wants to "help" her by transporting her to the realm of the dead, but she is then cornered by King Johnny and Istvan.
Barnabas arrives at the last moment to intervene, demanding that she be set free. He tells King Johnny that Count Petofi has been reunited with his Hand. King Johnny is told about the spell Petofi placed Magda under, and forgives her, vowing that Petofi shall never again curse one of his gypsies.
King Johnny agrees to cure Quentin in exchange for Barnabas revealing Petofi's location.
Petofi tries to buy off King Johnny, who prepares to take back the Hand by once again severing it from Petofi's arm, using the Golden Scimitar of the Romana tribe, with which King Johnny has armed himself, having been appointed by his ancestors Keeper of the Hand, the only gypsy over whom Count Petofi has no power.
As he lights the nine sacred candles representing the nine slaughtered gypsies, King Johnny vows to also take Count Petofi's life as well this time.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Magda
- Thayer David as Count Petofi
- Paul Michael as King Johnny
- Henry Baker as Istvan (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- Final appearance of character Sandor Rakosi.
- There is a tape edit just before Barnabas answers Johnny's question concerning the whereabouts of Count Petofi.
- There is an abandoned mill at the end of North Road.
- Nine days after Johnny's grandfather died, he had a dream, just like his uncle Sarko, came to him, telling that he was now the keeper of hand.
- GHOSTWATCH: Sandor's ghost appears to Magda.
- TIMELINE: Johnny wants to see Quentin at dawn.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Immediately after Istvan jumps, the camera pans upward, revealing an overhead stagelight as well as a black cloth draped across a wall.
- Paul Michael looks at the teleprompter numerous times.