|← 826 →|
August 15, 1969
|We have 18 images of Dark Shadows 826|
- The walls of Collinwood are thick and high, but they have not kept Magda Rakosi safe from gypsy vengeance. Now Magda is a prisoner, hoping desperately for freedom. Before the night is out, she will learn that freedom can be far more terrifying than her chains.
King Johnny commences the trial against Magda at the Collins mausoleum, acting as prosecutor and judge. He summons the spirits of gypsy murderers and thieves to serve as the jury, including Sandor, whom King Johnny is revealed to have killed.
Magda is found guilty of murdering Julianka, Jenny's infant son, and trying to pull "the bajour," the big trick of substituting a counterfeit Hand, thereby betraying the gypsy people. King Johnny sentences Magda to play "hunt the weasel", Magda is to be released and hunted down and killed.
Magda succeeds in banishing the spirits of the dead who are pursuing her, but King Johnny and Istvan corner Magda and prepare to kill her.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Grayson Hall as Magda
- Thayer David as Sandor
- Paul Michael as King Johnny
- Henry Baker as Istvan (uncredited)
- Joseph Della Sorte as Sergio Kodash (uncredited)
- John LaMotta as Marco (uncredited)
- Victor Mohica as Stefan (uncredited)
- Norman Riggins as Pedor (uncredited)
- Ray Von Orden as Andreas (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- GHOSTWATCH: Johnny summons Andreas, Marco, Stefan, Pedor and Sergio Kodash for the gypsy jury, along with Sandor as a witness. Later, Sandor appears to Magda.
- The members of the gyspy jury are all murderers, Andreas strangled his wife twenty years ago, and Marco killed his brother.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Magda: I've got to hide.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- In the Collins mausoleum, before Johnny tells Magda to open the secret door, there is a bang and a flash from off camera, as if a light bulb exploded.