|← 812 →|
July 28, 1969
|We have 15 images of Dark Shadows 812|
- The shades of night enclose the great house of Collinwood, in an atmosphere of frightening unreality. Strange and terrifying events have happened, and will continue to happen. On this night, soothed by the strains of a familiar song, Quentin Collins went to sleep and began to dream. But what seemed like an ordinary dream, has suddenly turned into a living nightmare.
Quentin awakens to Edward strangling him. Quentin tries to reason with him but can't. Nora enters and screams at the sight. Edward abruptly frees Quentin, but does not recognize his daughter. Meanwhile, Tim Shaw returns to Collinsport with his girlfriend, Amanda Harris. He still has the Hand of Count Petofi. Tim sends Amanda to see Trask she says she needs help becuase she is running away from a man. She says there is something unnatural about the man. Quentin interupts a prayer session between Trask and Amanda. Amanda says she is at the Collinsport Inn. Quentin goes to the Inn to find Amanda and sees her leave with Tim. Quentin ransacks Tim's room. He leaves just before Tim comes back. Tim gives Nora a necklace then asks her to hide the box with the hand in it for him. He asks her to keep it a secret. She opens the box.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Jerry Lacy as Gregory Trask
- Don Briscoe as Timothy Shaw
- Denise Nickerson as Nora Collins
- Donna McKechnie as Amanda Harris
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 807.
- Denise Nickerson returns to the cast after an absence of 27 episodes.
- First appearance of actress Donna McKechnie and the character Amanda Harris.
- The room Tim is using at the Collinsport Inn appears to be a redress of the set used for Joe Haskell apartment in the present day.
- The set design for Timothy Shaw's room at the Collinsport Inn was originally used for Burke Devlin's room 24.
- Nora has a Raggedy Ann doll here and in the next episode, but Raggedy Ann did not exist before 1915 as a doll and in literature until 1918 by Johnny Gruelle.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Quentin: Ending the madness.
- TIMELINE: Amanda and Tim have been together for the last two weeks. It's late. Amanda arrived in Collinsport from New York yesterday. Gregory plans to meet Amanda tomorrow.