|← 808 →|
July 22, 1969
|We have 14 images of Dark Shadows 808|
- A morning, filled with anxiety and horror, for a child has been possessed by an unscrupulous, evil man, and the boy must act as the man would have him do. And now, just after dawn, in an old house on the estate, the child has kissed a gypsy, and the gypsy suddenly has no will of her own. And she is told to lead them to an enemy's hiding place.
Jamison and Aristede led by Magda find Barnabas's coffin empty.
Jamison possessed by Petofi finds the Collins family history book and he becomes interested in escaping to the future.
Charity has a dream about Quentin's womanizing behavior, in which she, as Pansy Faye, is asked to entertain Quentin.
Magda tells Petofi that Barnabas comes from 1969, and that once he has accomplished whatever he wants to accomplish in this time, he will return to his own time. Petofi determines to accompany him.
Charity later finds Quentin lying next to the bloodied body of the woman in her dream, and upon waking, rushes to ask Magda about the dream's meaning. In doing so, she encounters Quentin exactly as the dream foretold.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Magda: Barnabas is my friend.
- Jamison (as Count Petofi): As well as your enemy.
- Magda: Yes! But he don’t deserve to die this way.
- Jamison (as Count Petofi): Barnabas follows his instincts.
- Magda: There are some questions it is better not to ask, some things it is better not to know.
- Jamison (as Count Petofi): We have to convince Barnabas Collins that it's just much more pleasant to travel with a companion.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Grayson Hall as Magda
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- David Henesy as Jamison Collins
- Michael Stroka as Aristede
- Deborah Loomis as Tessie
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 811.
- Collins family history book was printed in 1965, nearly 70 years into the future.
- Barnabas is from the year 1969.
- DREAM SEQUENCE: Charity is taunted by Quentin and Jamison.
- TIMELINE: Morning, just after dawn, at start of the episode. It was last night when a full moon occurred.