|← 795 →|
July 4, 1969
|We have 12 images of Dark Shadows 795|
- Collinwood before the turn of the century. For Quentin Collins this will be a night of unrelieved terror. He is the prisoner of two evil men in search of a mysterious hand with supernatural powers, and he will soon learn that he is to be the pawn in a game of life and death.
Quentin awakes to find himself tied up and his face has been restored. Aristede straps Quentin to a table and gags him as he sets a swinging blade pendulum in motion to torture Quentin. Aristede makes it clear that Quentin will die if he doesn't get the Hand. Barnabas gets the Hand for Julianka but at knifepoint later she takes it from Barnabas. Barnabas catches up with her in the woods and places her under his power. Aristede tells Angelique that Quentin will die unless she gives him the Hand.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Quentin: You already got what you wanted from me.
- Aristede: Yes, but I seem to have misplaced it again.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Lara Parker as Angelique
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Michael Stroka as Aristede
- Diana Davila as Julianka
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the fourteenth episode, and the first of three consecutive episodes, with no pre-Barnabas cast members.
- Aristede's torture of Quentin is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's short story The Pit and the Pendulum.
- TIMELINE: It was tonight when Quentin unexpectedly transformed into the werewolf, he has been in Aristede's custody for less than an hour. Day 310 begins and will end in 801/802. 12am: Quentin in Aristede's capture. It was earlier this evening when Barnabas and Angelique discussed helping Quentin at the Old House. Barnabas won't be able to bring Quentin to Julianka until tomorrow night. Quentin only has thirty minutes left until the pendulum kills him, (this piece of information is also given in the next episode).