|← 794 →|
July 3, 1969
|We have 13 images of Dark Shadows 794|
- There are few who have ever lived at Collinwood who have not known terror in some form. But no man has ever been as terrified as Quentin Collins is this night, in the Old House on the Collins estate. There, with the help of Angelique, he has sought to use the supernatural powers of the mysterious disembodied hand to end the curse that has afflicted him. But the attempt has failed. And once again, Quentin is being transformed from man to beast. And Angelique is unaware that the transformation is witnessed by a sinister stranger.
Victor watches from outside the window as Quentin tranforms to a werewolf. He later goes to town where he meets Aristede at the Blue Whale. He becomes upset at the sight of the gypsy Julianka, who is searching for Magda. Aristede takes a shine to Julianka and escorts her to the Old House, where she leaves him abruptly. Inside the house she finds Barnabas and tells him that she will end Quentin's curse if she gets the hand of Count Petofi.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Aristede: Your face is new to me and I find it attractive.
- Julianka: My name is Julianka, and now that you know it, you had better forget it. I am not going to be here long enough for you or anyone else to like me.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Thayer David as Victor Fenn-Gibbon
- Lara Parker as Angelique
- Michael Stroka as Aristede
- Diana Davila as Julianka
- Bob O'Connell as Bartender (uncredited)
- Alex Stevens as Werewolf (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 792.
- First appearance of actress Diana Davila and the character Julianka.
- Bob O'Connell returns as the bartender of The Blue Whale. He was last seen in 439.
- There is picture distortion during the scene with Victor and the werewolf.
- Victor was in Martinque in 1887 on a mission for the Bureau Trade; he spent that Christmas there.
- Sandor traveled to Montreal to find Julianka. He is still there with members of her tribe. Julianka is from King Johnny Romano's tribe.
- Julianka's great-grandmother put a werewolf curse on Count Petofi. She passed the secret onto Julianka through her mother and grandmother.
- TIMELINE: Julianka gives Barnabas 24 hours to get the hand of Count Petofi for her.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The boom microphone dips overhead as Angelique walks through the drawing room.
- The boom mic dips down again just after Victor sits down in the Blue Whale.
- It seems that the table cloths at the Blue Whale have not changed in many, many years. The same table cloths from the present day also existed in 1897 according to this episode.