|← 787 →|
June 24, 1969
|We have 11 images of Dark Shadows 787|
- Collinwood, 1897. Barnabas Collins has returned to the past in order to save two lives in the present. One of the secrets he must unravel is a curse that was placed on the life of Quentin Collins, a curse that takes affect when the moon is full and transforms him from a man into a beast with one desire: to kill. On this night, the wolf that is Quentin has been captured, and now he is in a jail cell waiting out a dawn that will expose his secret to the world.
The wolf man is in jail. The policeman calls Edward. Edward goes to Magda at the Old House. Edward does not believe her: the appearance of two supernatural creatures at Collinwood cannot be a coincidence. He calls the werewolf a wolf man and asks about the word Lycanthrope.
Evan has more of his senses. He holds a knife, wanting to stab the hand. Magda comes to him and realizes he has more of his sense and can function. He disagrees. He wants to be returned to normal.
At the police station, Barnabas appears as a bat appears and makes wind open the door. He’s subdued as he grabs a cop’s throat, "Look into my eyes." He makes the man’s memory of this vanish. Barnabas goes to the werewolf. Edward comes into the jail office and Barnabas goes out to him. He hides behind the cop and tries to reason with Edward, telling him about all of this and that the "Future of the Collins family depends on him." He says he is sorry. Barnabas wishes grandmamma was living. Edward thinks Barnabas silenced her. Barnabas tells him that is not true. He feels this is not the last time they will meet.
Barnabas returns to Magda, "We have both failed, Magda." This era's events may be changed by what Edward has discovered. Magda says, "Maybe, maybe you should go back to your own time." He hates time, it is his worst enemy. "Time is running out," he says as the rooster crows.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- Grayson Hall as Magda
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Evan Hanley
- Paul Vincent as Policeman
- Alex Stevens as Werewolf (credited as Stunt Coordinator)
Background information and notes Edit
- TIMELINE: Edward wants Magda gone by tomorrow. Day 308 begins, and will end in 790. Edward will stay at the police station until dawn. 5am: Barnabas and Magda at Old House, almost dawn.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Grayson Hall flubs during the scene at Evan's house, she tell him she knows he has the book. Humbert Allen Astredo responds "The book?", to which she corrects to "The hand".
- Louis Edmonds is mistakenly credited as playing Roger Collins.