David finds that he is unable to choose between Elizabeth and Burke. David and Carolyn argue about Burke.
- My name is Victoria Winters. The battle over Collinwood has been joined. Either for or against. Yet it isn't always an easy decision. For some more difficult than for others.
Carolyn tells Liz about the conversation she had with Burke (Episode 42). Liz admits that she understands why Carolyn is taken by Burke... he's very attractive. She also admits the events of Episode 74 and to being intrigued by the mystery surrounding Burke. Liz understands the mysteriousness and tells Carolyn that she met a mysterious man many years ago and was attracted to him--it was Paul Stoddard, Carolyn's father. Carolyn asks what their life together was like, and Liz says it was nothing.
David asks Matthew for advice about a problem. Matthew tells David to choose a side and stick with it, no one can live with divided loyalties. David is surprised that Matthew knows he's talking about Burke and Liz. He 'accuses' Matthew of being smart. Matthew says he'd do anything for Liz, even give up a good friend. David shows Matthew a picture of Burke at his first oil strike, which he 'borrowed' from Burke. Carolyn tells David that Liz wants to talk to him. Matthew warns Carolyn away from Burke and likens him to a wounded tiger, which even an experienced hunter won't go after. Carolyn agrees that Burke is a tiger, upsetting Matthew.
David and Liz argue about Burke. He doesn't believe that Burke threatened to take everything the Collins' own. Liz tells him he's either for her or against her. Carolyn searches David's room for a missing picture and tells Matthew of Burke's 'threat' to put them out on the street. David won't promise Liz that he'll never see Burke again. Liz attempts to forbid him, and he suspects that's why Liz is hiring Mrs. Johnson (but he doesn't reveal the intrigue that allows him to know about the hiring). Carolyn accuses David of stealing, and he calls her out. He says that Burke probably likes Vicki better. Carolyn is clearly jealous. Matthew scolds the cousins for fighting over a familial enemy. Liz forbids David to say Burke's name in this house again. David secretly shouts "BURKE DEVLIN, BURKE DEVLIN, BURKE DEVLIN!" when alone.
Memorable quotes Edit
- David: You know, Matthew, you're smart.
- Liz: (to David) I love you.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard →
- ← Thayer David as Matthew Morgan →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
Background information and notes Edit
- Burke drove Vicki home yesterday (episode 71).
Continuity and mistakes Edit
- Matthew seems to flub as he says, "Even an enraged tether wouldn't go near a wounded or enraged tiger..."
- Liz: Be quiet (to David and Carolyn) but then says, "Now tell me..." and then corrects that with, "One at a time..."