- The year is 1897 at the great estate of Collinwood, and this night a new horror hides in the forests surrounding the house. As the full moon signals an evil transformation, a child has disappeared and one woman knows who and what maybe tracking him as he runs from anyone who tries to find him.
Jamison goes to see his mother and asks her to make up with his father. Laura tells her son that Edward would never forgive her. Jamison begs his mother to keep him away from the school, and she invites him to go away with her. Edward and Barnabas save Beth, who faints. The werewolf watches them. Jamison goes to the cottage. They talk about Quentin leaving. Jamison seems to talk fondly of Quentin and Laura thought he now hated Quentin. Jamison says, “I don’t know how I feel about anybody anymore.” The fire in the fireplace is very high. Laura tells Jamison that where she wants to take him and Nora, time is different, there is no time and people there pay no attention to time. She tells him there the sun is always shining and it is always warm. It is filled with special people. She wants to leave tonight with him.
Edward believes the wolf ran like a man. Barnabas thinks Jamison could be with his mother. Laura has the scarab out and calls to Nora. Edward interrupts her. He tells her Jamison is missing. Laura says, “You do have difficulty with Jamison and Nora, don’t you? One of them always seems to be slipping away from you.”
Beth hears howlings. Barnabas comes in to Collinwood and asks Beth, “Where’s Quentin?” Edward calls the police. Barnabas will go to the Cottage. He has no idea that Quentin is the werewolf. He thinks Quentin might be there. He wants to settle Laura tonight. Jamison feels ill. Barnabas goes to the Cottage and finds the scarab. Laura catches Barnabas there and takes the scarab back. Jamison is delirious. Barnabas takes him out. Laura threatens him that he will pay for this.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Jamison: “I don’t know how I feel about anybody anymore.”
- Barnabas : “A werewolf at Collinwood. It must be connected somehow to Chris Jennings.”
- Laura : “You do have difficulty with Jamison and Nora, don’t you? One of them always seems to be slipping away from you.”
- Beth : “I don’t know why I said that.”
Dramatis personae Edit
Background information and notes Edit
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Louis Edmonds trips over his line when he tells Laura not to lie to him, “If you’re Laura…lying…Laura.”
- There is an unusual light on Laura. There is also a LONG pause between Laura and Barnabas during their conversation.
- Drawing room credits. Robert Costello’s credit vanishes, appears and then the roll starts. There are lines on Sam and the credits are long, at one and a half minutes.