|← 733 →|
April 9, 1969
|We have 12 images of Dark Shadows 733|
- Collinwood in the year 1897, where Quentin Collins has once more met the Laura Collins woman he saw die on a flaming altar in Alexandria. Dark forces have told him there is an urn that controls the heat and fire of her life, and now he must find it to be rid of her forever.
Minerva Trask arrives at Collinwood and threatens Rachel with a murder charge unless she accompanies her back to the school. Terrified, Rachel accepts. When Judith arrives, she can tell that something is bothering Rachel, but she is too scared and unable to explain it. Minerva then informs them both that Tim Shaw is newly engaged to her daughter, Charity Trask. The news deeply affects Rachel.
Rachel later confesses her troubles to Magda Rakosi, who decides to hide her in the Mausoleum until such time as she can make her escape from Collinwood and be free of the Trasks. Rachel does not consider herself very brave. Magda reads her palm. Magda believes money is supposed to go from pocket to pocket. She takes Rachel's broach which was Rachel's mother's in order for her to get a carriage to take Rachel away in the morning. It should fetch twenty or thirty dollars, enough to get her to Boston.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Minerva: I know it would break his heart, just as it would break your neck.
- Magda: Don't be so sensitive, money is supposed to go from pocket to pocket.
- Minerva: Pretty people are the devil's playthings.
- Laura: No, Mrs. Trask, my dreams for my daughter are somewhat different.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Judith Collins
- Grayson Hall as Magda
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Rachel Drummond
- Clarice Blackburn as Mrs. Minerva Trask
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Diana Millay as Laura Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- Clarice Blackburn returns to the cast after an absence of 41 episodes. First appearance of character Minerva Trask. This was the third role played by Blackburn in the original series.
- TIMELINE: Day 288 begins, and will end in 738, (there is nothing to directly link this on-screen day with the previous one, although its probably the day after as Rachel enquires how Laura is after fainting in the previous episode). 7:30pm: Minerva has been waiting an hour for Rachel.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The clock in Laura's room appears to be stuck on 7:20.
- When Judith talks to Quentin she asks since when has he been the guardian of David's honor. Joan Bennett mistakenly says 'David', instead of 'Edward'.
- Judith can clearly be seen standing on the upper landing while Minerva and Laura prattle away.
- When Magda brings Rachel to the Collins Mausoleum, the plaques of Joshua, Naomi, and presumably Sarah Collins, are back in place, as they were in the present day. They were seen to be missing when the '1897' storyline first began in 701, 702.