|← 729 →|
April 3, 1969
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 729|
- Collinwood in the year 1897: a time of uncertainty and fear for all who live within the great house, a time of intrigue and of dark, mysterious family secrets. A time when supernatural happenings were commonplace and threatened to destroy the Collins family forever.
Nora sees a fire in the hallway; however, it is gone when she returns with her father and Beth. Quentin finds that Beth is taking a large sum of money into Collinsport. Nora dreams that her mother comes back to Collinwood, but her father sends her away. Nora leaves the house to find her mother.
Memorable quotes Edit
Beth: Your brother is furious with me.
Quentin: Edward's fury is like a common cold. It's a nuisance, but it always goes away.
Edward: If you're sincere, you have just made one of your rare intelligent decisions. I congratulate you.
Quentin: Oooo, wonder of wonders. My brother has paid me a compliment. A half-hearted one, but a compliment nevertheless.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Terry Crawford as Beth
- Denise Nickerson as Nora Collins
- Barbara Brownell as Laura Collins (stand-in, uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- Diana Millay doesn't appear in this episode. Laura Collins is instead played by Barbara Brownell, an uncredited extra. Her face is obscured by a hood during the dream sequence, and only her arm is seen at the end of the episode.
- Quentin uses the cliche, "Burning the midnight oil."
- DREAM SEQUENCE: Nora dreams of her mother's return.
- TIMELINE: 8:40pm at the start of the episode and the end of the previous. It was last night when Jamison and Nora were meant to go to Worthington Hall with Gregory (he arrived to collect them in 725). 11:55pm: Nora sleeps. Day 287 begins and will end in 732.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- David Selby bumps his head on the door frame at the back of the foyer after the scene where Beth comforts Nora following her dream.
- A boom mic shadow can be seen on the wall as Quentin sits down to talk to Roger.
- Nora's running footsteps (to the next set) can be heard after she leaves her bedroom and then again after she runs out the front door while Quentin and Edward are talking.