Collinwood in the year 1897, and the strange and terrifying events of that year gradually unveil to Barnabas Collins. Tonight he is confronted with a new and dangerous evil... an evil that appears masked in a cloak of mercy.
Quentin has searched the Tower Room and only found a doll with an eye missing.
When Rachel was Nora’s age, she had a foster aunt who couldn’t be bothered taking care of her. The aunt sent her to the school. Trask separated the children. Her special friend was Tim Shaw and he would help her with her school work. When the adults found out, they put Tim in the cupboard for 30 days. All the children are there because the parents do not want them. Rachel was beaten and starved. She was there another 12 years. Her aunt passed away and with no money to pay for her tuition she was to teach the children. She and Tim did this to help the children but eventually escaped. Trask comes in. Rachel will talk to him alone. He made her believe she owed more money than actually did. She took the wages owed her and left. He calls her a thief.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Quentin : Same old lovable Quentin as before.
- Barnabas (to Quentin): For once, we agree.
- Charity : What a splendid school this house would make.
- Quentin : (to Rachel) Can you blame me for wanting to carry you away again?
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Rachel Drummond
- Nancy Barrett as Charity Trask
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Jerry Lacy as Gregory Trask
Background information and notes Edit
- Trask tells Barnabas that he knows Barnabas is intimately connected to the evil in the house...and he's right.
- First appearance of the character Charity Trask.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- There is a hanging wire on the outside of the Collinwood door. Are they having alarms put in?
- A moth or fly plagues Quentin as if he didn't have enough trouble.