|← 714 →|
March 13, 1969
|We have 4 images of Dark Shadows 714|
- Collinwood in the year 1897. The strange and terrifying events of that year are as yet unsolved by Barnabas Collins, he must unravel this mystery of the past in order to save the life of a young boy in the present. He has not yet learned that the darkest and most mysterious secret of all lies beyond the door of the tower room.
Quentin notices Judith is standing erect, more grand and acting like Catherine the Great of Russia. He knows that when Judith's upper lip trembles, it means she is lying. Rachel says she saw a light in the Tower Room after the first night she arrived. Servants awoke Edward to come to Judith who has to announce to him she is moving into Edith's room. Quentin tells Edward that if something were to happen to Judith, the money would go to Jamison. Edward cannot kill Judith but knows Quentin can.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Rachel: There is something about this house that is beginning to disturb me.
- Quentin: Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly.
- Beth: Never believe anything Quentin tells you. Everything he says is said with only one thing in mind.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Judith Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Edward Collins
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Rachel Drummond
- John Karlen as Carl Collins
- David Selby as Quentin Collins
- Terry Crawford as Beth
Background information and notes Edit
- Quentin quotes from the poem "The Spider and the Fly" by Mary Howitt published in 1829. Quentin again quotes this in 719.
- Jamison is next in line for all of the money after Judith.
- Quentin likens Judith to Catherine of Russia.
- TIMELINE: It was less than ten minutes ago when Judith and Rachel discussed Nora's doll. The night after Rachel arrived at Collinwood she saw the light on in the tower room. Edward was awoken by a servant, on Judith's instructions, "in the middle of the night".