|← 713 →|
March 12, 1969
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 713|
- Collinwood in the year 1897. Strange and terrifying events of that year remain a mystery to Barnabas Collins, he must unravel this mystery in order to save the life of a young boy in the present. Now in the past he must live by night, for day would claim him as a victim. But as he returns to the one place he thinks is safe he finds terror there.
Barnabas finds Rachel in his coffin and manages to get her upstairs before she wakes up. After reassuring her, he goes back to his coffin and meets Magda. Barnabas sends Magda to Collinwood to help Judith find the will.
Beth comes back while Rachel and Judith are chatting, carrying a doll for Nora. After Rachel is dismissed, Judith dresses down Beth for carelessly coming in the front door so anyone might see her. Rachel overhears and is puzzled, and then subsequently asks Beth about Edward's wife. Beth warns Rachel not to ask questions about Edward’s wife, and they are overheard by Judith who echoes Beth's advice.
Magda shows up and tells Judith she knows where the will is. After convincing her to allow her to do a tarot reading, she says it is hidden in a book in Edith's room. Judith says she will look for it.
Barnabas gives Rachel a medallion to protect her against Angelique. Judith finds the will and learns that she will be in control of Collinwood. Beth brings a doll to the tower room to someone named Jenny.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Barnabas: Oh my God! Who could have done this? There's only one person who could be monstrous enough. Angelique!
- Barnabas: We can expect trouble from an old and dangerous enemy. I don't know why she's here or how she got here. She has one obsession, to destroy me.
- Barnabas: Perhaps because I have an innate fondness for gypsies who have fallen on hard times.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Judith Collins
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Rachel Drummond
- Terry Crawford as Beth Chavez
- Grayson Hall as Magda Rakosi
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 710.
- The end credits no longer give Beth Chavez a last name.
- The large egg-shaped chair now in the Old House parlor was last seen in the study at Collinwood.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Judith: I'm in control now.
- TAROT CARDS: Magda: The Queen (inverted), The Joker, The Tower of Destruction, The Ace.
- TIMELINE: 5am: Rachel leaves the Old House. Barnabas wants the amulet from Magda tonight. 3:15pm: Rachel and Judith talk on staircase. 7pm: Barnabas rises. Barnabas gives the amulet to Rachel. It was last night when Rachel fainted.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- At the end of the previous episode, Barnabas went straight to his coffin without removing his cape. In the reprise, he hangs his coat on the coat rack when he enters the Old House.
- The doll Beth brings is clearly plastic, yet a doll wild have likely been made from porcelain in the late 19th century.