- The night is stormy and terrifying blemished by the evil touch of one long dead. Somewhere in the shadows that engulf the great house at Collinwood, there exists a spirit of man whose wickedness stains the pages of Collins family history. A man who has returned from the grave bent upon destruction.
Chris and Carolyn continue their romance, however Carolyn senses a secret that he keeps from her. She summons up her courage and asks if he is married. Chris laughs and assures her that he is single, but fully intends to be married someday. Later on, Chris feels the transformation coming upon him and has Barnabas lock him in the mausoleum; Barnabas is baffled by this, as there isn't a full moon tonight.
- Carolyn: You've been too busy enjoying yourself to worry about your deep, dark secret.
- Barnabas : But this is impossible...there's no moon tonight.
- Carolyn : Yes, my mother is a Collins.
- Ned : (when Julia asks if his sister is dead): Now that would be the logical conclusion, wouldn't it?
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Don Briscoe as Chris Jennings
- Roger Davis as Ned Stuart
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of Ned Stuart.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The table and the light do not line up as they did in the cliffhanger.
- The clock looks like it says 11:10 but it is really 1:10am. It was 11 pm in the start of 686.