|← 686 →|
February 3, 1969
|We have 26 images of Dark Shadows 686|
- There is a storm over the estate of Collinwood, and as the lightening flashes an ambulance leaves the great house, for this night an aged silversmith arrived with important information, which might give two people a clue to the dangers that threaten them. But now the silversmith is dead, and no one knows how he died.
Barnabas and Julia contemplate what Ezra was going to tell them. David takes the ledger which Ezra brought with him to Collinwood; Beth appears to David, and has him read the information about the silver medallion that Beth Chavez purchased the medallion and charged the cost to the account of Quentin Collins; Quentin makes David rip out a page which contains that crucial information. Roger returns to Collinwood and is upset that his son has been accused of some of the strange things occurring recently. The ledger is later found in the drawing room. Julia finds a picture of Beth in an old family album.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Elizabeth: Roger is very fortunate, he only believes what he sees.
- Julia: Mrs. Johnson's a repressed hysteric.
- Barnabas: Curious so many hearts should stop in this house.
- Julia: Then we're all in danger, aren't we, and there's nothing we can do about it.
- David: You always accuse me!
- Barnabas: You always put yourself in a position where I have to.
- David: I just knew you and Aunt Elizabeth were going to sit in the car and talk about... Vicki and things.
- Roger: I'm sure you know a lot of interesting things that your Aunt Elizabeth does not.
- Elizabeth: I'd like to know what's happening in my own house.
- Roger: Did a ghost put it there? Really, Julia.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins →
- ← Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman →
- ← Louis Edmonds → as ← Roger Collins →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Terry Crawford as Beth Chavez →
Background information and notes Edit
- Louis Edmonds returns to the cast after an absence of 24 episodes.
- There are no closing credits for this episode. Only the Dan Curtis Productions logo is shown.
- When referring to a basement room that Julia visits, Elizabeth says that no one has been in that part of the house for years.
- The ledger Ezra brought to Collinwood runs from January to June 1897. David reads a page dated April 16, 1897, which mentions Beth Chavez as the one who wanted the medallion made "to guard against the wrath of Cerberus" and that the bill was charged to Quentin Collins.
- GHOSTWATCH: Beth's ghost appears to David.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: David: Quentin won't honor.
- TIMELINE: 11pm at the start of the episode.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Jonathan Frid flubs when he says that Ezra knew who he sold the book to. It was not a book, it was the medallion.
- Louis Edmonds forgets Maggie and Amy's names. He calls them the governess and the little child. Jonathan Frid fills him in on Maggie's name, but then calls Roger by the name of David.