- The night which has just ended at the great estate of Collinwood will be remembered by many who live there. A little girl has awakened from a frightening dream, and she suddenly knows that the dream will come true, unless she can stop it.
David hurts Amy while trying to stop her from telling Elizabeth about Quentin. Amy tries to tell Elizabeth and then is stopped when she sees Quentin. Elizabeth and Maggie become concerned with David’s recent behavior. Maggie follows David into the West wing of Collinwood.
- Maggie: Amy, are you afraid of David?
- Elizabeth: Disciplining is the only way to make David realize that he's living in a real world inhabited by real people and he has to deal with them, not with witches and ghosts and giants.
- Maggie: We're not friends, David.
- David: Vicki never said things like that.
- Maggie: Well, Vicki had one way of dealing with you and I have another.
- David: Oh, Quentin, you're never gonna let us go, are you?
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- David Selby as Quentin's Ghost
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans
- David Henesy as David Collins
- Denise Nickerson as Amy Jennings
Background information and notesEdit
- Maggie finds the storage room; there is a suit of armor and a suitcase there.
- Liz gives Maggie free rein to discipline David any way she likes.
- Maggie takes the Quentin phone to her room.
- David's room continues to have what looks like birthday cards and signs them. One seems to be an owl.
- David tells Liz about some giant named Lars that has been captured by a wicked old witch in the house by the sea.
- After Liz leaves his room, David throws a football player statue.
- Quentin appears in the drawing room behind Liz when Amy tries to tell Liz about the game.
- Carolyn has told Liz about David accosting Amy before.