|← 667 →|
January 6, 1969
|We have 30 images of Dark Shadows 667|
- The pale light of early morning illuminates the walls of Collinwood, and the great house appears to be serene and peaceful. But elsewhere on the great estate, two people have just lived through a night of terror. For unseen forces carry Barnabas Collins back to the past on a desperate mission. That mission has been accomplished. But he has not yet returned to the present. On this day his fate will be decided, and a new reign of destruction, quite unexpectedly, will begin.
Willie and Julia release Barnabas from the coffin, but they're almost discovered when Amy and Carolyn visit the Mausoleum to put flowers on the graves. David hurts Amy when she will not do what Quentin wants them to; Carolyn punishes David. David later tells Amy that they are going to "play the game" with Carolyn.
Memorable quotes Edit
- David: What are you going to do, spank me?
- Carolyn: You don't mean a word you're saying.
- David: The idea of leaving Collinwood scares me.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
- David Henesy as David Collins
- Denise Nickerson as Amy Jennings
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 665.
- The end credits give a production year of 1968.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- As with the previous episode when Nathan Forbes opened the coffin, Willie opens the coffin in this episode, and the chain drags against Barnabas' head, moving it slightly.
- A boom microphone shadow passes over David and Amy as Carolyn leaves.
- As Barnabas begins to talk to David and Amy, a camera with the teleprompter can be seen in the foyer.
- Jonathan Frid flubs when talking to Amy on the drawing room couch, "Now Carolyn, what happened?" He begins to make the same mistake again but corrects himself, "I can't do that Carol... Amy."
- David says, "Carolyn is going to play the game with us", but in the reprise of the next episode, he says, "We're going to play the game with Carolyn."