|← 659 →|
December 26, 1968
DVD: Vol 12, Disc 1 #4
|We have 26 images of Dark Shadows 659|
- The morning of a new day at Collinwood. Plans have been made to take two children away on a extended trip. But there are unseen and evil forces at work within the great house. Forces that have possessed both children and decreed that they shall never leave Collinwood.
Julia tells Barnabas about Joe's nervous breakdown. Barnabas tells Julia about Victoria's 'message' from the past. Julia has doubts.
Carolyn visits her mother's tomb, wondering if she might still be alive, but sadly accepting the facts. Barnabas tries to comfort her, and tells her that he promised Roger that he would look after everyone while he was away. Carolyn appreciates his sympathy, but insists that she does not need looking after.
The children are surprised that they're still going to Boston. David asks Carolyn if he can take a picture of her and Barnabas to take away with them, and she agrees. David takes the picture and he and Amy develop it together. In the dark room they discover something strange about the picture - an image that shouldn't be there has appeared. Amy wonders if Quentin caused it.
Amy tries to contact Quentin over the telephone, but is seen by Harry Johnson. Harry suspects the two are up to some sort of mischief. David decides to tell Harry the truth about Quentin. As they expected, Harry doesn't believe them.
The kids give Barnabas the copy of the picture he wanted, where he sees Victoria, hanging. He proclaims that he will save her.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Amy: Can't you tell when someone is just pretending?
- Harry: Well, if you were just pretending, then why did you look so guilty when I first came in?
- David: You don't believe us, do you? You think we're just making this up?
- Harry: What gave you your first clue?
Dramatis personae Edit
- David Henesy as David Collins
- Denise Nickerson as Amy Jennings
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Craig Slocum as Harry Johnson
- Carolyn Groves (uncredited) as Victoria Winters (photo only)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 656.
- First appearance of actress Carolyn Groves, although she is only seen in a photo here.
- Last appearance of Craig Slocum.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Barnabas says he is going to see Barre... Carolyn.
- Barnabas and Julia say Maggie found the note from Vicki on the dresser. She found it in the music box which was on a dresser.
- As Carolyn and Barnabas move to go outside to have David take a picture of them, we hear two clinks.
- Someone coughs as David and Amy begin to develop the photograph.
- David and Amy during the dark room in David's room scene, talk at the same exact time.
- When Carolyn and Barnabas posed for the picture they stood very close together, with Carolyn's arm linked through his. In the photo they are standing further apart.
- The end credits still say 1968.