|← 649 →|
December 12, 1968
|We have 32 images of Dark Shadows 649|
- Evening at Collinwood, and as darkness beings to enshroud the great house, there is one inside it who is prepared to combat the powers of darkness. She has come to Collinwood to exorcise the house of a spirit who will not rest. In doing so she has been lured to a strange room in the deserted west wing, she will try to combat the spirit who exists there and in the process she will risk her own destruction.
Janet is tormented by spirits while in Quentin's room. Chris is concerned when he finds that Amy saw the pentagram in Joe's face. Janet falls down the stairs to her death.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- Don Briscoe as Chris Jennings
- Cavada Humphrey as Janet Findley
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
Background information and notes Edit
- Alex Stevens, best known for playing the werewolf in the series, performs the stunt of Janet Findley falling down the staircase.
- Joe is going to leave town, probably for good, over Maggie. He will go to Boston where he already applied for jobs.
- GHOSTWATCH: Janet Findley is tormented by spirits while in Quentin's room.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Chris: That girl in the bar.
- SEDATIVE: Chris asks Julia for pills to help him sleep, he wants strong ones. She is reluctant to get them for him.
- TIMELINE: It's evening according to the opening narration. 6:15pm: Elizabeth and Julia talk in the Collinwood drawing room. Roger leaves for London tomorrow. Janet has been gone for hours. Tomorrow night will be a full moon. Joe says too much has happened to him in the past two months, (he was first bitten by Angelique in 560). 7:30pm: Unable to find Janet.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Joan Bennett flubs to Julia, "I cannot imagine where she what could've happened."
- When Joe knocks on Chris' door, the edge of the hallway set can be seen on the left.
- A boom microphone shadow can be seen on Chris' face as he pleads with Julia to give him some pills.
- Early in the episode, Chris worries that the moon will be full tomorrow night. When he goes to Julia for sleeping pills--which is the same night--he insists that he needs them for this night.
- In the previous episode, Janet Findley trips over a wire when she first enters Quentin's room. In this episode, the scene is replayed in the opening sequence, but she doesn't trip this time.