- There is a storm raging over the Great House at Collinwood, a storm that cannot shut out the sounds of the widow’s wailing, for theirs is a legend that when death is near, the widows rise from the dead and commence their wait for the one who is to die.
Vicky stands at the cliffs of Widow's Hill and contemplates suicide. Professor Stokes and Elizabeth manage to persuade her that there is still hope and lead her back to the house. Carolyn and Chris return from a date and discuss the recent murder at the Blue Whale. Chris is more upset by the death than Carolyn expected.
When Liz and Professor Stokes lead Vicky back into the house, they decide to hold a seance to try and contact Jeff, for Vickyi's benefit. Carolyn is contacted by the spirt of a woman named Magda, who spoke of a curse before Chris abruptly stops the seance.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Carolyn: The house seems so gloomy tonight
- Elizabeth : I'll explain later.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Don Briscoe as Chris Jennings
- Thayer David as Professor Stokes
- Betsy Durkin as Victoria Winters
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Stoddard
Background information and notes Edit
- Liz knows Stokes has certain psychic powers.
- Stokes meets Chris for the first time.
- Stokes tells Chris that ghosts want to come through using the same sex.
- Chris says he doesn't believe in seances and ghosts, (despite the fact that he's a werewolf).
- First mention of the character Magda Rakosi.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The exciting scene on Widow's Hill is nearly ruined by a loud "Oh!" from someone but we don't see who, probably Liz.
- During the Widow's Hill scene, a boom microphone is over Elizabeth's and Stokes's heads. It moves away.
- When Chris holds Carolyn's head to his own head, his face on the top of her head, his nose is running.
- The credits sway from side to side.