- The Great House at Collinwood is calm now, but it is a false calm, for in the neighboring village, a murder has been committed. The torn body lies in the Blue Whale tavern, awaiting discovery. A vicious crime, committed by one who is not a man when the moon is full.
Amy awakens in a nightmare, convinced that something has happened to her brother. Vicki tries to comfort her but is unable to. Liz finally decides to call Chris to reassure Amy. Although she is unable to reach him, she lies and tells Amy that Chris is fine and doesn't want her to worry. Vicki feels Jeff's David's presence again.
Professor Stokes arrives but is unable to provide much comfort to Vicki. He tells her the only way she can join Peter Bradford is to die. Vicki leaves and walks to Widow's Hill alone. Amy hears voice in the night and opens the window and asks who it is. It is the Widows calling from Widows Hill. She closes the window an calls Quentin. Vicki leaves and goes outside. Amy comes down and says she hears the widows cry. Liz tells Stokes when you can hear the widows on a stormy night someone will die. They find Vicki on Widows Hill.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Liz (to Amy): You have everyone here.
- Amy (about Stokes): He's funny. I like you.
- Stokes: So my appeal extends to all ages now.
- Stokes: I am not a wizard. I don't transport people through time.
- Stokes (in ever helpful mode): The only way for you to join him is to die.
- Vicki: I am not a child. Let me alone.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Denise Nickerson as Amy Jennings
- Betsy Durkin as Victoria Winters
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Stoddard
- Thayer David as Professor Stokes
Background information and notes Edit
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The murder took place at the Blue Whale in Collinsport, yet the narration says it took place in a neighboring village.
- When Stokes "helps" Vicky as they talk, someone wearing yellow is moving to the right of the screen.
- When Liz and Vicky enter her room after leaving Amy's room, a loud crash is heard.
- A microphone shadow appears over Amy's bed.
- It is night on Widows' Hill and possibly there is a storm. We hear birds chirping.
- The water below Widows' Hill looks black and white.
- During the credits, the set shown changes from Vicky's room to the staircase/landing. This might be the first time this happens and maybe the only time.