- The great house of Collinwood stands in majestic isolation under the bright light of a full moon, but none who live at Collinwood know that on this night the full moon will mean something it has never meant before, it is the sign of a new and terrifying evil that prowls the woods of the Collins estate in search of a victim.
Elizabeth shrieks at an unseen menace that apparently disappears when Amy shows up.
Elizabeth and Amy talk in the woods. Amy says whatever it was ran away when it saw her and introduces herself as Amy Jennings, Chris Jennings' sister. Elizabeth takes her back to the house.
Back at the house, Elizabeth relates her encounter with a wild animal to Julia, describing it as a wolf, dressed like a man. Julia goes for her favorite treatment, a sedative, while Elizabeth thanks Amy for saving her.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Amy: It's only too late for people who are afraid of the dark, but I'm not afraid of it.
- Amy: Do you live around here?
- Elizabeth: Yes. At Collinwood.
- Amy: The big house by the water?
- Elizabeth: Yes.
- Amy: Oh, it's very pretty. I wish I lived there.
- David: I hardly ever have to go to bed early.
- Amy: You all must have lots of secrets.
- David: Nothing ever happened to me in this room.
- Amy: David, you were right, the west wing is haunted.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Stoddard
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- David Henesy as David Collins
- Denise Nickerson as Amy Jennings
Background information and notes Edit
- David tells Amy the portrait she sees in the West Wing is Thaddeus Collins . He was alive during the Civil War.
- According to Liz, Quentin Collins was Liz's great uncle. He went to France when he was young and died in Paris officially.
- A family album dates back to the Civil War. There is a photograph of Quentin as a boy and one of a group shot with him as an adult. We do not see the photographs.
- This is the first episode where we hear Quentin's name.
Bloopers and continuity errorsEdit
- Amy must have been traveling fast to get from Windcliff Sanitarium to Collinwood in the same night, a distance of over 100 miles!
- We see a glimpse of a crewmember by Liz in the foyer.
- David tells Amy no one has ever counted the rooms in Collinwood (but in Episode 2 Elizabeth said there were forty).
- As the kids sit by the fireplace, a camera glides across the floor above Amy's head.