- The Great House of Collinwood is shrouded in darkness and all is silent. Ominously silent, for this has been a night of violence. Violence that will continue. On a remote corner of the great estate one man has witnessed a terrifying event. One which will set off a chain of events, all of which will lead to a single moment of horror and destruction”.
Barnabas enters the Old House and tells Julia that Nicholas is dead, they are both very pleased. They are unaware that at Collinwood, Adam mounts the stairs vowing vengeance on the entire family, starting with Vicky.
Barnabas asks how Maggie is feeling and where Adam is. Julia believes Adam is in the basement, but when they go downstairs they discover he is gone and Barnabas rushes to Collinwood. Meanwhile Carolyn and Vicky talk about Carolyn's recent disappearance. Carolyn tells Vicky she had to get away because she had become very attached to someone who went away. She is unaware that Adam is listening outside the door. After Carolyn leaves Adam bursts in and forces Vicky to leave with him, but she makes a break for it and screams. He hits her, knocking her unconscious just as Carolyn comes to investigate the scream.
Carolyn chews him out and then tries to reason with him, reminding him of the lessons Prof. Stokes taught him. It fails to convince him and he says he doesn't want to hurt her. She is taken aback by this, and says she doesn't believe he could ever hurt her. She reminds him of the tenderness he has shown to her, even the love sonnet they once read together. Adam softens, and declares that he loves her: if she had only loved him back, none of this would have happened. He decides to take Vicky with him and Carolyn tries to call the police. Adam knocks the phone from her hand, and unable to come up with a solution, throttles Carolyn until she passes out. For a moment he looks at the two women on the floor, and seems unsure what to do. He then picks up Vicki and carries her away.
Barnabas arrives just as Carolyn awakens. She tells him about the kidnapping and he calls the police. Back at the Old House, Julia paces, waiting for news, and then hears a noise. She walks to the basement door and Adam grabs her from behind. He forces her to sit with him in the drawing room and have a conversation with him. He says he has no reason to hurt anyone now that Eve is irrevocably dead. She tells him Nicholas is gone for good, but he doesn't care. She goes to her medical bag to get a sedative, but he refuses to let her give it to him. She asks what is in the basement and when he says he does not know, she goes to investigate. Adam follows her and we hear her scream.
Barnabas returns to the Old House to find Julia moaning. He tells her Adam has Vicky and they discover he has locked the door to the basement from the inside. Adam begins the experiment with Vicky and Eve's skeleton, upstairs Barnabas and Julia hear Vicky scream. Vicky writhes in agony while Adam remembers everyone who was mean to him. Julia and Barnabas enter the laboratory from one of the secret passages. Barnabas has a gun and threatens to kill Adam, but Adam taunts him with the reminder of Dr. Lang's tape recording that said they are linked and if anything happens to him Adam, then Barnabas will suffer. Julia reminds him it is true, but just as Adam is about to throw the switch that will electrocute Vicki, Barnabas shoots him.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Adam: They will all die! First the woman Barnabas loves ... Victoria Winters!
- Carolyn: I became very attracted to someone, and he went away.
- Vicki: I didn't know you were seeing anyone.
- Carolyn: No one did.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins →
- ← Grayson Hall as Dr. Julia Hoffman →
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard →
- ← Robert Rodan as Adam →
- ← Betsy Durkin as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- Carolyn supposedly just returned from a trip, where she says she took time to get over Adam. She also changed the part in her hair.
- The reprise starts AFTER some new material with Barnabas and Julia rejoicing over Blair being gone.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- We HEAR Adam hit Vicky before he actually does.
- The hand of a crewman appears during the first part of the credits. There is also a white line in the credits. The credits zoom in to avoid the man that is standing in them in the first part of the credits.
- Eve's body lays uncovered, despite Adam having covered it before he left.
- As Barnabas and Julia look through the locked cellar door window, the camera takes off them and then back on. It seems as if they are both talking out of characater, waiting for their "take". Or they are talking to themselves at various times. Frid puts his finger in his nose and seems to flick his finger when he takes it out!
- The DS obession with sedatives and sleeping pills hits Carolyn, Vicki, and Julia and Maggie. Adam refuses a sedative from Julia most sternly.