|← 614 →|
October 24, 1968
|We have 19 images of Dark Shadows 614|
- The great estate of Collinwood has seen many secrets. Secrets which have led to horror, to violence, even to death. And in the Old House on the grounds, another secret is working its spell. For two men bear the mark of the vampire, and one insane with jealousy and suspicion is taking his revenge.
Mrs. Johnson walks in while Joe is trying to kill Barnabas; Joe runs off. Elizabeth and Roger find Joe in the Collins mausoleum and bring him back to Collinwood. Joe admits that he tried to kill Barnabas and says he will try again. Roger calls the police.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Roger: So many many things have gone on in this house, so many strange things have been attributed to the Collins family.
- Elizabeth: The dead walk here. The spirits are watching us, they envy us, they hate us because we are alive.
- Mrs. Johnson: I just can't figure out people anymore, it's as though everyone has lost control of his senses, even a sane man like Mr. Barnabas.
- Mrs. Johnson: Everyone tells me the sensible thing to do is the crazy thing to do.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- Clarice Blackburn as Sarah Johnson
- Craig Slocum as Harry Johnson
Background information and notes Edit
- First aired on Halloween of 1968.
- Someone begins to move in the bottom right of the screen as the credits roll.
- The gravestone of Jonah Collins appears which reads, Died: June 15th 1863, age 23.
- This is the first time the sash in the drawing room is used to call the servants.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Joe: Killing Barnabas.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Jonathan Frid flubs in a scene with Mrs. Johnson, "I must...you must..."
- A shadow and hand briefly come in from the right side of the screen during the credits.