Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 61 →|
September 12, 1966
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 61|
- My name is Victoria Winters. The great house on Widows' Hill stands as a dread reminder of a past that will not die. It casts its shadows far into the night, reaching out to another house, a cottage, into which the past has suddenly and unexpectedly intruded.
Burke invites himself to dinner, where he forces talk of the manslaughter trial. He tells Victoria that Roger took over the wheel and was responsible for hitting the man. Sam escapes during a break in the conversation, and he goes to the Inn to retrieve his letter. He is disheartened when he learns that he needs Maggie's permission to get the letter. Burke bullies the girls. Maggie believes that Sam is a good man and is Burke's friend. She also believes that Sam would have turned in evidence 10 years ago had he had any. Maggie admits that since Burke's return, Sam has been edgy and nervous, especially about Roger Collins. Victoria offers a plausible but erroneous explanation for Sam's presence at the mystery meeting. Burke returns to the hotel and learns that Sam was there and attempted to retrieve a letter of Maggie's. Sam appears and tells Burke he's ready to talk in Burke's room.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Burke: I could be wrong... but I'm not.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin →
- ← David Ford as Sam Evans →
- ← Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
- ← Conrad Bain as Mr. Wells →
Background information and notes Edit
- We learn that Burke was behind the wheel of the car the night of the accident, but Roger made him pull over and Roger started driving. Then, Roger hit the man on the side of the road, a Mr. Hanson. The victim's name was first revealed in the previous episode.
- Victoria calls Burke a bully.
- Burke was at one time good friends with the Evans family.
- TIMELINE: It was an hour ago when Sam attempted to get the letter out of the safe at the Collinsport Inn.