|← 59 →|
September 8, 1966
|We have 1 images of Dark Shadows 59|
- My name is Victoria Winters. Death has come to Collinwood forcing the hidden secrets of the past closer to the light. Secrets that might provide answers for a man whose probing has but one goal: the truth.
After admiring the portrait of Benjamin Collins, the Sheriff tells Roger he has more questions to augment that which he learned this morning. George wants Elizabeth's help. Victoria comes home but is going out to dinner. The Sheriff lays things out for Roger, who lies. Elizabeth stonewalls. David tells Victoria that his father is going to be arrested for Malloy's murder, and when she questions him, he says Roger will probably kill her, too, and she deserves it! David has used a three-pronged investigative attack, the Widows, his crystal ball, and tidal charts, to determine the extent of his father's guilt. He gives the Sheriff his tidal charts. Elizabeth again interrogates Roger and doesn't believe his lies. Roger sarcastically tells half-truths and half-lies to Elizabeth, which David overhears. Roger lies about Victoria's dinner with Sam not bothering him.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Dana Elcar as George Patterson →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- On August 31, a memo was sent to producer Robert Costello from Bernardine McKenna, ABC Editor, Department of Broadcast Standards and Practices, with the following comment: "Episode #59, Act IV, Page 42, Line 9 - Please delete 'damned' from Roger's line 'you're damned right it isn't true', as this use constitutes profanity."
- The large portrait on the left of the Collinwood foyer is of Benjamin Collins, Roger's great-uncle.
- TIMELINE: Bill's body was in the sea for nearly two days, he 'fell' in at 10:45pm. It was that morning when Elizabeth last spoke with the Sheriff.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- As the opening narration starts we see the image of Collinwood move about.
- Actor Dana Elcar flubs "alrice" instead of "advice."
- After George leaves, Elizabeth recounts the day that the infamous 11 p.m. meeting was scheduled (between Roger, Bill, Burke and Sam). While she is talking to Roger, she discusses Sam and says that he (Sam) was in your office with you (Roger) and Mr. Evans at Bill's request.
- As David eavesdrops, a camera can be seen on the right.
- At 06:09 a huge shadow--possibly a mic boom or a hand--can be seen on the back of the brocade chair at the sheriff's right.
- At 14:46 actor Louis Edmonds says 'uniquivocably," rather than the standard usage, "unequivocally."