|← 584 →|
September 12, 1968
|We have 20 images of Dark Shadows 584|
- An unknown menace hangs over all those who live at Collinwood, their fate is to be determined by the outcome of a bizarre and frightening experiment to be conducted in the Old House on the Collins estate. But on this night something has happened which may impede the progress of this work and make the danger to the Collins family more immediate.
Willie takes Maggie to the secret room in the Collins mausoleum. Maggie starts to remember things from a year earlier when Barnabas was trying to turn her into Josette. With out a life force and running out of time Barnabas makes plans to kill Adam to save Victoria and the family.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 582.
- FLASHBACK: Maggie remembers when Julia took her to the Collins mausoleum. This scene was originally shown in 283. It has been re-staged for this episode, as the series was still broadcasting in monochrome when it was originally shown. The sequence also uses an extraordinary number of dissolves between shots.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Maggie: (recalls going to Windcliff).
- TIMELINE: Day 238 begins, and will end in 591. It's nearly dawn. It's almost 6pm.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- A boom microphone can be seen as Barnabas crosses room from left to right in opening scene, and as Maggie approaches the wall of the Collins mausoleum in the flashback.
- Jonathan Frid flubs: "Use Julia... use Maggie." Also, "Well because if you were to conduct the experiment... Who... How can I... um... fit into that... You'd be giving the life force."
- Large impending doom music starts over a calm talk.
- In the flashback as Julia and Maggie prepare to leave the Collins mausoleum, the sound of the gate opening and creaking precedes the actual opening of the gate. When Grayson Hall actually opens the gate it swings open silently.
- Maggie is stated to have forgotten two months of her life, (i.e. when she was abducted by Barnabas, which Julia hypnotized her to forget.) However, in 303 the length of time she was missing was stated to have been two weeks.