Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 571 →|
August 26, 1968
|We have 16 images of Dark Shadows 571|
- It is almost dawn at the great estate of Collinwood, a dawn filled with the promise of death. For in an old house on the estate one woman struggles for her life while one man attempts a last effort to save her.
As Barnabas is about to be bitten, the dawn arrives. Tom chokes Barnabas unconscious; when he comes to, Barnabas finds Tom resting in his coffin and stakes him. Julia thinks she's dying in the light; when Tom is staked, she reacts.
Nicholas visits Tom’s coffin. Julia demands a mirror and examines her throat, the bite marks have now vanished. Barnabas tells her Tom is dead, and feels he doesn't deserve her thanks.
Roger comes looking for Elizabeth, unhappy that she's been home all night. Roger and Barnabas find no coffin, Nicholas has moved it. Barnabas resolves to find the vampire responsible for changing Tom.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Barnabas: (as he looks at Tom resting in his coffin) Did someone ever look at me as I now look at you? No, no, or I would not be alive now.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair
- Don Briscoe as Tom Jennings
Background information and notes Edit
- First episode narrated by Don Briscoe.
- A dark vertical band can be seen on left of the screen affecting one camera.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Barnabas: Killing Tom / Where's the coffin.
- TIMELINE: It was last night when Elizabeth saw Julia at the coffin, (i.e. the early hours of this day).
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- One of the stone "pillars" wobbles as Barnabas struggles with Tom.
- Joan Bennett accidentally refers ro Julia, also known as Dr. Hoffman, as Dr. Coughman.
- As Tom lies in the coffin, his chest is moving up and down.
- Just before Barnabas stakes Tom, Tom's eyes open, perhaps so he will know exactly when to scream?
- Barnabas is wrong when he tells Julia that she has saved his life so many times. She only helped save his life once when Trask's ghost immured him. Josette's ghost weeping in The Old House basement gave Julia the signal that Barnabas was trapped. Willie did all the work breaking down the wall to free Barnabas.