|← 566 →|
August 19, 1968
|We have 15 images of Dark Shadows 566|
- There is an ominous silence that pervades the great house at Collinwood whenever danger is present. It is present on this night, but only two people know of this danger, and the terrifying form it will take. Only two people know that Collinwood is threatened once again by a member of the living dead. Barnabas Collins knows and will spend this night searching the woods trying to root out this danger and destroy it. And in the Old House on the Collins estate Julia Hoffman knows, but does not realize that she will soon come face-to-face with it.
Julia has been attacked by the newly vampiric Tom Jennings and Willie finds her; she asks Willie not to tell Barnabas about her passing out, and he agrees; she returns to Collinwood, and knocks at the front door, rousing Mrs. Johnson, who is upset that nobody apprises her of their whereabouts and is peeved when Julia ignores her.
Barnabas learns from Willie that Julia has gone back to Collinwood. Julia orders her room darkened and no visitors or calls. Barnabas stops by and gives Mrs. Johnson a note, which Julia rips up. Willie gets into Julia’s room and she throws him out; later, Tom lurks outside Collinwood and summons her.
Julia walks right past a comical Mrs. Johnson and goes to Tom, who bites her again. When Julia returns to Collinwood, Barnabas is there. He doesn't buy her stories and wants answers, and yanks the scarf off her to discover the tell-tale bite marks on her neck.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Clarice Blackburn as Sarah Johnson
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
- Don Briscoe as Tom Jennings
Background information and notes Edit
- Clarice Blackburn returns to the cast after an absence of 23 episodes.
- One of the cameras is going out (slightly green, out of focus).
- Julia's room at Collinwood is seemingly not the same one as before the '1795' storyline.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Tom: Summoning Julia
- TIMELINE: Day 230 begins, and will end in 568. It's late when Julia returns to Collinwood, everyone is asleep. It was last night when Julia was attacked by Tom.