Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 554 →|
July 12, 1968
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 554|
- The darkness that shrouds Collinwood is particularly ominous on this night, for Victoria Winters has disappeared. Two men are searching for her through the forest that surrounds the great estate. One of them fears for her life. Another man is about to know another kind of fear. A fear that will mount to terror, the greatest terror he could possibly know.
Barnabas hears dogs howling, and asks Jeff if he hears them too. Handyman Tom Jennings pokes around Nicholas Blair's cellar at the house by the sea, making him very nervous and angry when Tom finds a coffin. Nicholas says he found it in the cellar there when he moved in.
After Tom leaves, Nicholas laments what now must be. Tom resolves to go to the Sheriff; before he can, he is stalked by someone unseen. Jeff hears Tom's womanly scream and thinks it's Victoria; instead he finds Tom Jennings with some marks on his neck. Nicholas says, "and so it has begun".
Barnabas is having a memory loss because of the dogs; Barnabas tells Julia about Adam's demands. She doubts that Adam could have cooked up a plan like that, unaware of how much he's learned. Barnabas and Julia realizes that Adam must know he’s an artificial life form.
Jeff Clark calls the police from Collinwood. Jeff's description of the wounds on Tom Jennings terrifies Barnabas and Julia. Julia accuses Barnabas of being the vampire; he swears he’s not. They realize that somewhere in their midst there is another vampire.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Nicholas: Too bad you had to open that door, Jennings. I could almost pity you, knowing what must be in store for you now.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins →
- ← Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman →
- ← Roger Davis as Jeff Clark →
- ← Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair →
- Don Briscoe as Tom Jennings →
Background information and notes Edit
- First appearance of actor Don Briscoe and the character Tom Jennings.
- This is the third episode with no pre-Barnabas cast members.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Barnabas: Why are the dogs howling?; Tom: What was the coffin doing there?; Nicholas: Pity Jennings.