|← 553 →|
July 24, 1968
|We have 13 images of Dark Shadows 553|
- Before the passing of another night a new and deadly force will strike terror in the hearts of those who live on the Collinwood estate. Within the great house a young man waits for Victoria Winters to return from a visit to the Old House. He waits. He is unaware that she will soon become a pawn in a terrifying game of revenge.
When Victoria doesn't come home from the Old House, Carolyn reminds Jeff how close she is to Barnabas and suspects that she has merely lost track of time. In reality, Adam has Victoria in the cobwebby west wing.
Jeff tells Barnabas that Victoria didn't come home; he instantly realizes what's what. Jeff and Barnabas go looking for Victoria, but spat the whole way. Barnabas again asks Carolyn where Adam is, she again stonewalls. He tells her Adam probably has Victoria because Victoria and Adam both had been to the Old House that night.
Carolyn is shocked and tries to cover. Carolyn asks Adam if he has Victoria; Adam denies it and reminds her that he has never lied to her.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins →
- ← Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard →
- ← Roger Davis as Jeff Clark →
- ← Robert Rodan as Adam →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- Victoria seemingly recognizes that she is in the west wing from her experience with David in 83 to 87.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Barnabas: recalls Adam's threat.
- TIMELINE: 10:45pm and 11:35pm: Jeff waits for Victoria. Victoria is said to have left the Old House 40 minutes ago. Day 224 begins, and will end in 556.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- A large 'tree' rocks about quite noticeably as Adam grabs and picks up Victoria.
- A boom microphone shadow can be seen as Adam lays Victoria onto the bed in the west wing. Shortly thereafter it appears again on Adam's forehead.
- Jonathan Frid accidentally refers to Carolyn as "Vicki" when he questions her about Adam.
- In the opening scene, Victoria and Adam are in opposite place from the previous episode.
- The closet in Adam's room, in which he hides Victoria, was not there in previous episodes. There was a brick wall in that spot.