|← 548 →|
July 17, 1968
|We have 10 images of Dark Shadows 548|
- A night of strange happenings on the great estate of Collinwood. For a witch has betrayed her master, and her punishment is the loss of her powers. Suddenly she is human, and her own fate catches up with her. She becomes as old as she truly is. So old that only the few who know recognize her.
Cassandra makes her way to Victoria's room to find the portrait. Instead she finds Nicholas waiting for her. They strike a bargain: if Cassandra can obtain Barnabas's forgiveness, Nicholas will let her live.
Cassandra goes to the Old House and goes on her knees to beg Barnabas's forgiveness. He refuses to give it. He reminds her of when he had asked for her forgiveness centuries ago, and her answer was to turn him into a vampire, he's still bitter about that, and her causing the deaths of his mother, sister, uncle, aunt, and his fiancee. She asks him to forget that, but he insists that the past can never be forgotten. Defeated, Cassandra collapses and dies.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Barnabas: Even if I forgave you for what you've done to me, I could never forgive you for what you've done to others.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the first time Humbert Allen Astredo provides the opening narration, and the fifth time it has been done by a male voice in the series.
- There is a tape edit when Barnabas and Julia are at the window.
- There are no cast and crew members credited in this episode.
- This episode is the second one, but not the last, to feature Angelique's death. She was previously seen as dying in 411, the next time will be in 665, and the final time, in which she seemingly dies outright, is in 1198.
- One of the few times we've seen the secret passages used in Collinwood, as Cassandra sneaks into Victoria's room to see the portrait.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Cassandra: Will Barnabas forgive me?; Nicholas: Forgiving Cassandra.
- TIMELINE: 3am: Barnabas leaves Collinwood. Julia and Roger have searched for Cassandra for an hour.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Humbert Allen Astredo jumps over Lara Parker's lines a few times in Act I.
- Cassandra has lost the black gloves she was wearing in the previous episode.
- A boom microphone is visible when Barnabas checks Cassandra's pulse.