|← 539 →|
July 3, 1968
|We have 10 images of Dark Shadows 539|
- Darkness begins to fall on the great house of Collinwood, a darkness that brings new mysteries and deeper secrets to those within it. For tonight the forces of evil will begin a deadly game, while its innocent victims cling to life. In the darkened and deserted wing of the mansion, a young girl leads a man whose existence is the key to a mystery of which she knows nothing.
Carolyn hides Adam in the west wing of Collinwood. The rumor of Barnabas' death briefly has Victoria and Carolyn disturbed, Cassandra reluctantly dispels the rumor. David hears Dr. Lang's message on his tape recorder. Nicholas warns Cassandra that he will destroy her at midnight unless she finds out how to return the curse to Barnabas. Cassandra wonders how her curse could have failed when David asks for her help with the tape recorder.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Robert Rodan as Adam
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Humbert Allen Astredo as Nicholas Blair
- David Henesy as David Collins
- Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 537.
- David Henesy returns to the cast after an absence of 26 episodes.
- Some crosstalk bleed over can be heard while Cassandra ponders her failure to kill Barnabas.
- After David confronts Carolyn at the door to the west wing, the video scene loops back a few seconds.
- In 90, Matthew Morgan changed the lock on the door to the west wing, and gave the only key to Elizabeth, now Carolyn has it.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Cassandra: How could the curse have failed?
- TIMELINE: Nicholas gives Cassandra until midnight to find Adam.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Someone can be heard coughing from off-screen as Carolyn prepares Adam's room.
- After Victoria tells Carolyn that Barnabas has died, Carolyn reacts in distress, to which Nicholas offers Carolyn a brandy. Humbert Allen Astredo calls Carolyn, "Mrs. Stoddard" instead of "Miss Stoddard".