|← 538 →|
July 5, 1968
|We have 13 images of Dark Shadows 538|
- No peace exists on the great estate of Collinwood, for this is a night of horror which never seems to end. One man has been attacked by a bat and died. Two friends who loved him, buried the body before he could return as one of the living dead. But a new mystery develops, for in a deserted root cellar, a second man has died of exactly the same symptoms as the first, seemingly without reason.
Stokes doubts Julia's theory, but accompanies her to Barnabas' grave; Julia puts off Stokes' questions as they unearth Barnabas. Adam revives fully, inquiring about Barnabas.
Barnabas comes to; Julia tells him "Angélique didn't count on Adam." Stokes tells Julia that Adam has escaped, but really Carolyn has taken him to the West Wing; he wishes he knew Barnabas' secret.
Barnabas lurks by Cassandra, pondering what to do. He frightens her. Barnabas says the dawn will be the most beautiful one he’s ever seen, because he’ll be free of her.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Barnabas: And have you missed the dawn? It will be a beautiful dawn, and do you know why?
- Cassandra: You're hurting me!
- Barnabas: You will listen to what I have to say.
- Cassandra: Go ahead then!
- Barnabas: It will be a beautiful dawn because it will be the first one I will ever see without being afraid of you. You no longer have any power over me. None at all.
- Cassandra: I will have again, I swear it! And soon!
Dramatis personae Edit
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Julia Hoffman
- Thayer David as Timothy Eliot Stokes
- Robert Rodan as Adam
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 540.
- INTERNAL MONOLOGUE: Barnabas: Cassandra waits.
- TIMELINE: Barnabas has been buried in his coffin for one hour at least. 5am: Julia and Professor Stokes dig up Barnabas.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The blood previously seen on Barnabas' neck in 536 is no longer there.
- Barnabas suit isn't wrinkle after being buried.