|← 517 →|
June 13, 1968
|We have 9 images of Dark Shadows 517|
- There are those within the great house at Collinwood who continue to suffer from the evil of one person who has come to them from the 18th century. On this night, in the old Collins mausoleum on the grounds of Eagle Hill cemetery, the past threatens the destruction of the witch, who calls herself Cassandra Collins.
Trask is unable to destroy Cassandra. Cassandra finds that Sam is seriously injured and in the hospital. She visits him and makes him drink a potion to make him sleep and encourages him to have the dream so he can tell it to Victoria.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Victoria: Through sight and sound and faceless terror, through endless corridors by trial and error, ahead a blazing light does burn, and one door leads to the point of return.
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans
- David Ford as Sam Evans
- Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 518.
- The IV bottles in Sam's room at the hospital are not hooked up.
- Although Sam has a head injury, is in the hospital and unconscious for most of the episode, he is still wearing his sunglasses.
- DREAM SEQUENCE: Cassandra resumes the dream curse. Sam has the dream. He is the tenth victim. He opens four doors revealing a skull, a skeleton bride, a guillotine, and Maggie mourning his death. The beckoner is Victoria.
- Spoiler Alert!!!
- In 518, Sam will die before he can tell Victoria the dream.
- In 530, Cassandra raises Sam's ghost and tells him he will not rest until he tells Victoria the dream.
- Although Sam is blind, he can obviously see in his dreams, but still wears sunglasses. Since Cassandra cast the spell of blindness on Sam, it is natural to assume that he can see during the dream.
- TIMELINE: It was "several hours" ago when Sam was taken to hospital. It was an hour ago when he had experienced the dream curse.