|← 513 →|
May 29, 1968
|We have 10 images of Dark Shadows 513|
- For Barnabas Collins, this will be remembered as the endless, the unendurable night. Haunted by ghosts from the past, he has been sealed behind a wall in the Old House on the Collins estate. No one, not even the evil woman who hates him most, is aware of his plight. And so Cassandra Collins goes ahead with her plan for the destruction of Barnabas, unaware that he may be dead before she can execute him.
Cassandra summons Tony Peterson, who tries desperately to resist. However, when he opens the door he is surprised to find Professor Stokes waiting for him. Cassandra finds that Stokes is still alive. Elizabeth sees Cassandra kissing Tony and threatens to tell Roger. Cassandra puts Elizabeth under a spell to make her become obsessed with her own death.
Memorable quotes Edit
Cassandra (to Tony): You have no concept of the power I have.
Professor Stokes to Tony in Tony's apartment after Tony asks him "How long have you been here?": "Long enough to know either your law practice is not yet lucrative or your taste in furniture is deplorable. I do hope it's the former."
Dramatis personae Edit
- Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- Thayer David as Timothy Eliot Stokes
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans
- Lara Parker as Cassandra Collins
- Jerry Lacy as Tony Peterson
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 516.
- First appearance of Tony Peterson's apartment. It is the same set as Burke's room at the Collinsport Inn, right down to the same unit number, '24'. CORRECTION: actually, we saw Tony's apartment before, in episode 362.
- The paintings in the Evans cottage have been moved around again and the easel is now empty. However, it appears that Maggie has been cleaning brushes and it is possible that she is putting things away.
- TIMELINE: It was last night when the seance to summon Reverend Trask was held, (i.e. during the early hours of this day; occurred in 510). Sam is expected back in an hour.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Joan Bennett messes up a line when Elizabeth is talking to Cassandra about Roger. She starts to say it correctly, but then changes it. "And don't und overestimate my influence with him."
- Maggie refers to "that night" when Joe discovered Adam with Sam, (occurred in the previous episode). However it was daytime, in the morning, when that scene occurred, and the on-screen passage of time would indicate that it is still the same day.