- Peaceful now, the Great House of Collinwood does not know the strange drama being enacted on another part of the great estate: the drama which will spill over into their lives with horrifying results. For a monster is loose, a monster who has already tried to kill one man. And now in this Old House he is determined to end the life of the one person he has loved in his short life.
Adam wanders through the woods, frightened. Barnabas and Julia both go in search of him. Adam makes his way to Collinwood, where he sees Carolyn Stoddard for the first time.
Liz is on the phone with Tony Peterson, but Carolyn doesn't want to talk to him. Liz tells her she's being childish and asks her what has happened between her and Tony. Carolyn reluctantly tells her mother of Tony's involvement with Cassandra. Liz doesn't believe her at first, but Carolyn tells her that Tony confessed. They are interrupted by the sound of the front door opening.
Carolyn screams when she sees Adam, and Liz recognizes him as the man from the woods who tried to take David. Carolyn and Liz cling to each other and demand an explanation from him, but Adam is unable to speak. He can only get out a few words, "Music" and "if both live." Liz thinks he's crazy and tries to get Carolyn to run. Carolyn tries to go through the window, but Adam catches her and pulls her out of the house, screaming.
Barnabas and Julia arrive, but are unable to stop the abduction. Barnabas chases after them while Julia and Elizabeth call the police. Julia tries to comfort Liz by pointing out that Barnabas is armed. Liz suddenly asks why Barnabas has a gun with him - she realizes that he and Julia were hunting for the man and that they probably know who he is. Julia gives a quick and confused explanation which fails to convince Liz.
In the woods, Carolyn tries to break free, but faints. Adam picks up her body and carries her off, crying.
Dramatis personae Edit
- starring Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard
- Jonathan Frid as Barnabas Collins
- Grayson Hall as Dr. Julia Hoffman
- Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard
- Robert Rodan as Adam
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
Background information and notes Edit
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Julia goes into the drawing room to call the police, yet she clearly waits to pick up the phone until Elizabeth enters the shot.