|← 47 →|
August 30, 1966
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 47|
- My name is Victoria Winters. I can still remember the words I heard the night I arrived at Collinwood: "Welcome to the beginning and the end of the world." They had no meaning for me then, but now they seem terribly real. As real as the mysteries of this strange, dark house. And the troubled souls who live within its walls. As real as the passing minutes, and the growing fear they bring.
At 11:10, Elizabeth and Carolyn discuss pianos and fear. At 11:20, Elizabeth calls Malloy and Carolyn asks if her mother's doom premonition had anything to do with Bill. Bill still hasn't shown up after 11:30 and both Sam and Roger purport not to know anything about why the meeting was held. Burke goes to find Malloy.
Elizabeth can't find Roger and Carolyn has made tea. Elizabeth suspects that the lamb has gone to the altar. Sam knows Bill's not at home because his phone is in the bedroom. Roger and Sam talk about Sam's being an accessory after the fact; Roger wants the situation to continue to be endless. Burke and Sam and Roger separately imply Bill must be dead after Burke reveals that Bill's car is at his house but there was no answer. Roger takes Sam, who walked, home after they both state they have nothing to hide. Roger attempts to return the pen to Burke but it seems he has forgotten it. Burke states that he, Roger and Sam have disussed sardines and the weather for an hour waiting for Bill.
Carolyn and Elizabeth laugh and chat as the matron nervously waits for her brother. Carolyn tries to cheer up her mother by remembering Halloweens when the neighborhood children thought she was a witch. She affectionately calls her mother a kook and they laugh. When Roger comes home after 12, he is startled by Elizabeth's waiting up for him and she demands an answer to Malloy's charges. Roger lies, of course, that he was responsible because of his TRUE testimony against Burke.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Sam: It's endless... endless!
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard →
- ← David Ford as Sam Evans →
Background information and notes Edit
- Elizabeth has a premonition of doom, a feeling she claims to have experienced before, a "long, long time ago."
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- The grandfather clock rings chimes at 11:10 pm and 11:25.