Burke phones Roger telling him to be at the meeting that Bill arranged. Bill tries to convince Sam to go to the meeting that night with Roger and Burke. Victoria has been invited by Maggie to have dinner so she can meet Sam Evans; Roger doesn’t want her to go. Burke, Roger, and Sam show up at Roger’s office, but Bill has not yet arrived.
- My name is Victoria Winters. The surf pounds at the foot of Widows' Hill like the erratic beat of a frightened heart. A beat that is magnified in the minds of those who can find no relief from mounting tension.
Roger receives a call from Burke about their mystery meeting; Vicki and Roger discuss David's homicidal tendencies. They also talk about art and Vicki drops that she's having dinner with Maggie and Sam. Roger calls Mrs. Johnson, Bill's housekeeper, looking for him. Bill tells Sam to meet him, Burke, and Roger at Roger's office at 11 PM. He also tells him that, if need be, he'll destroy him. Roger is furious and threatens to get Bill fired. Vicki overhears more than a little. Vicki puts two and two together to get 5; she believes Roger doesn't want her to meet Sam (whom she correctly posits is the man she met on the beach in Episode #5) because Roger's afraid Sam knows something about her past. Roger leaves at 10:25. At 11:00, Burke, Sam, and Roger (who arrived in that order) await Malloy.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Roger (describing Vicki): "Pollyanna. Miss Pollyanna in a world of pain."
- Roger (looking at David's art): "Collinwood with all its dark shadows, he's captured it all right."
- Vicki: David will kill me if I lost this.
- Roger: My son will probably kill you anyway.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Frank Schofield → as ← Bill Malloy →
- ← David Ford as Sam Evans →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- Bill Malloy's housekeeper Mrs. Johnson is mentioned for the first time.
- This is the last episode to feature Bill Malloy alive.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Roger's on the phone but something on the right of the set is moving.
- Bill Malloy points his finger into Sam and it really seems to hurt the actor.
- Roger means to say "Be there" but says, "Be here." when he's at Collinwood as he says this and should be talking about his office.