|← 46 →|
August 18, 1966
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 46|
- My name is Victoria Winters. The surf pounds at the foot of Widows' Hill like the erratic beat of a frightened heart. A beat that is magnified in the minds of those who can find no relief from mounting tension.
Roger receives a call from Burke about their mystery meeting; Victoria and Roger discuss David's homicidal tendencies. They also talk about art and Victoria drops that she's having dinner with Maggie and Sam. Roger calls Mrs. Johnson, Bill's housekeeper, looking for him. Bill tells Sam to meet him, Burke, and Roger at Roger's office at 11pm. He also tells him that, if need be, he'll destroy him. Roger is furious and threatens to get Bill fired. Victoria overhears more than a little. Victoria puts two and two together to get 5; she believes Roger doesn't want her to meet Sam (whom she correctly posits is the man she met on the beach in (5) because Roger's afraid Sam knows something about her past. Roger leaves at 10:25. At 11:00, Burke, Sam, and Roger (who arrived in that order) await Malloy.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Roger: (describing Victoria) Pollyanna. Miss Pollyanna in a world of pain.
- Roger: (looking at David's art) Collinwood, with all its dark shadows. He's captured it, all right.
- Roger: What do you want?
- Victoria: I think I left a drawing in here.
- Roger: Oh, it's on the table.
- Victoria: Oh, thank you. I think David would kill me if I lost this.
- Roger: My son might kill you even if you didn't.
- Bill Malloy: your coming Sam your coming i'll make up your mind of that!
- Sam: what are you trying do you want to destroy me!
- Roger: what are you trying to do to me are trying to destroy me!
- Bill Malloy: destroy me that's what Sam said the same words.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Frank Schofield as Bill Malloy →
- ← David Ford as Sam Evans →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- There are no actor or crew credits for this episode.
- Roger references the name of the series in one of his lines. This is one of the few times in the original series when this happens.
- Bill Malloy's housekeeper Mrs. Johnson is mentioned for the first time.
- It takes 10 minutes to get to Roger's office at the Collins Cannery from Collinwood.
- Roger likens Victoria to the title character from Eleanor H. Porter's 1913 novel Pollyanna.
- TIMELINE: Bill leaves Collinwood at 10pm. It's nearly 10:30pm when Roger leaves. Sam arrives at Roger's office at 11pm, Burke is already there, Roger arrives shorty after Sam.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Whilst Roger is on the telephone, something on the right of the set can be seen moving about.
- Frank Schofield points his finger into David Ford and it appears to really hurt the actor.
- Louis Edmonds means to say "Be there" instead of "Be here" whilst he's still at Collinwood and should be talking about his office.
End credits announcement Edit
- Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production.