|← 40 →|
August 5, 1966
|We have 1 images of Dark Shadows 40|
- My name is Victoria Winters. Here in Collinwood, I sit in a quiet room teaching the son of a frightened man, a man who seems to be impelled by constantly growing fear.
Roger claims to be at Sam's to have his portrait done; Bill jokes. Roger leaves; Bill compliments Sam's late wife. Carolyn gets a call from Burke about her ring and arranges to meet him at 12:30. Bill switches from coffee to booze, he's a man after Sam's own heart. Bill plies Sam with liquor. Roger and Burke encounter one another at the restaurant, where he notices Carolyn's ring, a gift from her Uncle Roger on her 16th birthday,. Roger takes the ring and forbids Burke from seeing Carolyn. Roger shows up at Collinwood and cancels Carolyn's date. Carolyn meets with Burke and they play mind games. Carolyn calls home and says she won't be home soon. Before passing out, Sam admits he's the thin line between Roger living in Collinwood and prison stripes.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Burke: Good morning Roger!
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Frank Schofield as Bill Malloy →
- ← David Ford as Sam Evans →
- ← Nancy Barrett as Carolyn Stoddard →
- ← Colleen Kelly as ← Susie → (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- Final appearance of Colleen Kelly as Collinsport Inn waitress Susie. Carol Crist took over the role from 71.
- Stock footage is used for exterior location shots of Carolyn driving to the hotel, getting out of it, and later, leaving the same way.
- Bill and Sam have been friends for 30 years.
- According to Bill, Sam makes a strong cup of coffee.
- Sam hasn't been to Collinwood for 18 years.
- Roger gave Carolyn the ring she wears for her 16th birthday.
- Roger once more refers to Carolyn as "Kitten".
- TIMELINE: Burke is leaving for Bangor at 1pm. Carolyn arranges to meet Burke at 12:30pm.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Despite looking extremely fake during the previous episode, Roger's scar looks remarkably realistic in this episode.
End credits announcementsEdit
- Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production.