|← 37 →|
August 3, 1966
|We have 3 images of Dark Shadows 37|
- My name is Victoria Winters. It's one o'clock in the morning, barely four hours since I've decided once again to stay in Collinwood. And now sleep refuses to come, not only for me, but for a man whose tension, hour by hour, seems to be rising closer to the surface.
Roger calls Sam and is furious that he hasn't called Burke. Roger finds Victoria and berates her for 'eavesdropping.' He threatens to send her back and Victoria gloats that Elizabeth practically begged her to remain at Collinwood. Sam keeps Maggie in the dark about his secret call. He's written a secret letter, which he gives Maggie. He tells her to keep it safe and unopened. He yells and then reiterates that she should only open it if something should happen to him. Maggie wishes Collinwood, which she suspects has something to do with the mystery letter, would burn to the ground. He says that that wouldn't help, ghosts are homeless. They laugh about sobbing ghosts. Victoria hears a sobbing come from downstairs at Collinwood. She tracks it to the basement, where Roger catches her. He berates her. Victoria again hears the sobbing. Ned Calder calls and Roger berates him, too. Victoria tells Roger that Elizabeth was very anxious to speak with Ned. He again flips out at her, then acts all nicey-nice. He admits he heard the sobbing and that he’s heard it many times before. He tells her ghosts can seem "very, very real indeed."
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans →
- ← David Ford as Sam Evans →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
- Florence Stanley as Sobbing Woman (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 38.
- TIMELINE: Day 4 begins, and will end in episode 47. Roger phones Sam at 1 am and tells him he'll visit tomorrow. Maggie and Sam talk at 1:15 am about who just phoned.
- GHOSTWATCH: Vicky hears a sobbing woman throughout Collinwood leading her to investigate the source of the sound. She ends up at the basement and instead of finding a "sobbing woman", she is discovered by Roger, who berates her for being there.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Sam makes a flub on the phone that "I tried to talk about him, of, him out of having me do his portrait."
- The ends credits appear, vanish, and then appear again long enough for the narrator to say, "Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis Production."
- Before the end credits, a musical cue is repeated twice.
End credits announcements Edit
- Dark Shadows is a Dan Curtis production.