|← 26 →|
July 18, 1966
|We have 2 images of Dark Shadows 26|
- My name is Victoria Winters. I have come to Collinwood to unlock the echoes of my past, but the tensions of the present seem almost to obscure my search, tensions that fill the dark corridors, that wait in musty corners, and murmur behind the doors of unused rooms.
Victoria asks David why he attempted to murder Roger and shows him the bleeder valve. The little sociopath attacks her and she locks it in a drawer. She tricks him into leaving her room. Roger confronts the Sheriff; Victoria and David wait each other out on opposite sides of Victoria's door. Roger continues to confront the Sheriff and implies that the Sheriff is afraid of the now-rich Burke. He also implies he'll use the Collins influence to take Carter's job. Roger wants a search of Burke's room; Carter says only a psycho would keep the bleeder valve; David tries to run outside, telling Elizabeth "he has to get away." He also accuses Victoria of trying to hurt him. David says that Victoria is going to make up stories about him and even says that Victoria will try to blame him for Roger's accident. David is ejected from the room and tells Victoria Elizabeth won't believe her. Carter has obtained his Search Warrant but hasn't finished his sandwich. Roger attempts to join Carter on the search, and that's where Jonas finally draws the line. David attempts to eavesdrop on Victoria and Elizabeth's conversation, where she recounts the last few minutes of the previous episode. Victoria tells her that she didn't try to hurt David, he tried to hurt her. Victoria tells Elizabeth she was afraid of David. Elizabeth says Burke caused the accident, and doesn't believe Victoria’s story of finding the bleeder valve.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Joan Bennett as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← David Henesy as David Collins →
- ← Michael Currie as Jonas Carter →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- Despite being referred to as the sheriff from now on, Michael Currie's character is still called "Constable Carter" in the closing credits. His credit is changed to "Sheriff Carter" in 28.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Roger's striped shirt causes the camera to strobe on close-up shots.
- Actress Alexandra Moltke almost trips as she follows Elizabeth up the staircase in the foyer.
- Actor Michael Currie coughs a lot as he goes to get some water.