Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 207 →|
March 28, 1967
|We have 1 images of Dark Shadows 207|
- My name is Victoria Winters. The halls of Collinwood echo to the heavy footfalls of those who would plunder and pillage. Those who have no conscience. They take and they take until it becomes a disease, spreading uncontrollably. But there comes a time when the victims will be pushed no farther and must strike back.
At the Blue Whale, Jason and Willie are at the bar having a drink. Willie, who is anxious for money, is getting impatient and is tired of his living at Collinwood's being blamed for their woes. He threatens that if Jason doesn't come up with some "dough" soon, he'll show him how to get it.
McGuire points out that they disagree not on what they want, but on how to get it. Willie wants money NOW and immediately plans to make trouble when Sam, Maggie, and Joe enter. Sam stares as Maggie explains who they are. Willie plots revenge on Burke after worrying about what the Evans party is saying about him. McGuire warns Willie to stay away from Burke, who enters immediately after the proclamation. Willie wants to stare Burke down, to McGuire's horror; he doesn't want Burke as an enemy.
Burke joins the Evans party and they speak of the events of 199, 202, and 206. Sam warns Burke to stay away from Willie; Burke is too relieved from clearing his 10-year-old vendetta up to start a new one. However, he isn't willing to give up a fight if Victoria's involved. Sam goes to the bar, where McGuire tells Willie that Burke could be helpful to them; he's an ex-con and he's rich. Willie is intrigued by the 'act' Devlin puts on. McGuire talks smooth with Burke, who says that if Willie makes "one more peep" he'll wipe the streets of Collinsport with him.
Willie pals up to Sam, the "friendliest guy in town", at the bar and buys him a drink; Willie admires Sam's beard, which he grew because he was tired of shaving. They talk beards while Burke and McGuire banter about Willie; Joe and Maggie don't like that Sam is talking to Willie. Burke thinks Jason should've been a social worker. Burke asks McGuire how long he's planning on staying in town, and gives him fair warning (because he LIKES the people at Collinwood) that Burke knows McGuire's got something. Willie is fascinated that Sam is an artist; he begins asking him uncomfortable questions. Joe has to make a call, and it appears to Maggie that Willie is getting rough with Sam.
Willie sideways insults both Sam and Maggie, and Burke intercedes. Willie looks forward to their confrontation and McGuire can't stop it. Willie "gets a kick out of these guys who act like they’re so clean" while trying to cover up their dirt. Burke shows Willie the door: would he like to walk, or be carried, out? Willie claps, stating that now Burke's 'talking like a real ex-con.' Burke slaps him down, and Willie pulls a knife. Burke is successful in removing Willie from the Blue Whale; Burke tells McGuire to handle Willie or he'll handle them both. Burke has received for his troubles a hand wound.
Outside, McGuire implores Willie to wait to get his revenge on Devlin until after they get their money; he implores him to leave hastily.
Memorable quotes Edit
Dramatis personae Edit
- Mitchell Ryan as Burke Devlin
- Dennis Patrick as Jason McGuire
- John Karlen as Willie Loomis
- Joel Crothers as Joe Haskell
- Kathryn Leigh Scott as Maggie Evans
- David Ford as Sam Evans
- Bob O'Connell as Bob Rooney (uncredited)
- Tom Gorman as Blue Whale Customer (uncredited)
- Millicent France as Blue Whale Customer (uncredited)
- Michele Mantvidas as Blue Whale Customer (uncredited)
- Scott Upright as Blue Whale Customer (uncredited)
- George McCoy as Blue Whale Customer (uncredited)
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was recorded out of broadcast sequence. The previous episode to be recorded was 204.
- She's a Woman by The Beatles plays in background at The Blue Whale.
- TIMELINE: Burke mentions that Willie's been in Collinsport for weeks. It was a couple of nights ago when Joe and Willie squared off.