Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← 157 →|
January 24, 1967
|We have 1 images of Dark Shadows 157|
- My name is Victoria Winters. Dawn has come to Collinwood, gray and cold; the night's storm is over, but there is no sun to be seen. The night's vigil is almost over, but the deeds of the night remain to haunt the day.
Victoria has fallen asleep in a chair in the Drawing room. She is having a nightmare about the fire-bird-stone Elizabeth spoke of that awakens her with a start; she smells jasmine and senses Josette's presence around her. She thinks the clue she seeks is in the crypt, but she's afraid.
Having called Frank at 5AM to come get her, Victoria won't give him any answers when he shows up. Roger comes downstairs and is in a foul mood. Victoria claims she just wants to drive around with Frank, nowhere special. Victoria and Roger relay, after some cajoling by the young barrister, the strange occurrence that beset Elizabeth. Roger relays hearing Elizabeth say, "I remember, now I know!" before finding her at the foot of her bed, babbling. Roger concurs with Victoria's desire to get fresh air. Before leaving, Frank demands answers. Victoria admits she wants to go back to the crypt.
After some knocking and shouting, the Caretaker appears behind Victoria and Frank. He's been out fixing gravestones after a storm. He invites Victoria and Frank in. Victoria implores the Caretaker to try to remember the name of "L. Murdoch Stockbridge, died by fire!" They ask about other Murdochs or if there's a way to track who "L." was. The senile (actually, intellectually overburdened) Caretaker remembers another Laura Murdoch, but can't remember her married name. Victoria smells the scent of jasmine again and Josette causes a book to fall from a shelf. Frank picks it up and it opens to a page on Laura Murdoch Radcliffe.
Victoria points out that L. Murdoch lived from 1840-1867, 100 years after the death of Laura Murdoch Stockbridge and 100 years before today. Frank accuses Victoria of suspecting Laura in the mystery surrounding Elizabeth's illness. As Frank recaps recent events, the Caretaker finds that Laura Murdoch was married to Robert Radcliffe, another fine family. Laura's parents aren't named, which would have excluded her from marrying most Radcliffes. Victoria and Frank are horrified to learn that Laura Murdoch Radcliffe died by fire.
A peeved Roger has to endure Lt. Riley's presence. Riley confirms that Laura is Laura. Roger is angry when he learns, although he refuses to comply, that he'll be needed for future questioning. Victoria and Frank return to Collinwood and learn that the dead woman in Phoenix is to be buried in an unmarked grave. Riley speculates that there are two Laura Collins. Victoria ponders this and admits to Frank that she thinks there are four Lauras tied together.
Memorable quotes Edit
- Victoria: The more we find out, the more we get involved in this mystery.
- Victoria: Josette, please help us. I know you're here!
- Caretaker: Not Josette, no. I'd remember it if I heard it, but no, it's not Josette.
Dramatis personae Edit
- ← Conard Fowkes as Frank Garner →
- ← Louis Edmonds as Roger Collins →
- ← Daniel Keyes as Caretaker →
- ← Vince O'Brien as Dan Riley →
- ← Alexandra Moltke as Victoria Winters →
Background information and notes Edit
- There are no actor or crew credits in this episode.
- The tombstone of Laura Murdoch Radcliffe reads: Born 1840, Died 1867.
- There used to be a graveyard 7 miles to the north of the cemetery.
- GHOSTWATCH: Victoria senses Josette's spirit.
- TIMELINE: It was last night when Elizabeth collapsed.
- The year is given as 1967, the first time the series refers to the present date.
Bloopers and continuity errors Edit
- Off-screen coughing can be heard as Victoria wakes up during the teaser.
- A stage-hand can be seen behind the bookcase in the crypt.